Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Happy Happy Birthdays!

Well my pics uploaded funny so baby pics are at the end if that is what you are looking for!  First of all, Kara had her 3rd birthday on April 1st and let me tell ya she was one excited little girl!  She got some new clothes, a princess scooter, some way fun beads, some Cinderella dress up magnets and more!  ya of course she was spoiled, she loved it!  This is a picture of her sporting her beads from Grandpa and Grandma Simmons.


This is the funniest picture because the men of the family were all about playing with the beads!


These are Kara's princess cupcakes for her birthday!  She liked them but her only disappointment was that her cake was missing.  Talk about a mommy feeling bad about making cakes for everyone else but not her own daughter!  Looking at her sad eyes asking me where her cake was, I regretfully promised to make her a princess cake later.  The only problem is, she has big cake ideas like her mama and will know if I have downsized to make the cake a little less difficult.  I really need to be worried about when she turns 16!


  Our little Jacob (Jake) Ryan Webster was born at about 7:40am on March 20th via c-section. The birth went well, in fact I was helping the doctor sing words to Garth Brooks 'I've got friends in low places, while he was sewing me up.  Jake weighed 6lbs 15oz and was 20 and 1/4 inches, which is a huge accomplishment for me since I was just hoping for a baby that weighed over 5lbs.  He is definitely a milk monster and has already gained a pound at his first appointment.  I am not kidding, this kid downs a 2 and 1/2 oz bottle in less than five minutes with no hold ups on burping, and that doesn't even last for very long, this gulping madness happens every two hours on the dot! We are so excited to have him here and healthy, I think the most excited one is Kara, she loves her little baby Jake and kisses him as much as she can, especially when mommy leaves the room.



5 comments:

  1. Oh yea!! Congrats on your new little man Marilyn! He's adorable! I'm so glad everything went well! Hopefully one day I can meet your adorable children! :)(and catch up with you of course!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad everything went well. He is so cute. He seems to have some of Kara's features. Congratulations!! Good luck with crazy eaters. Momma's need some sleep too!!! Hartman was that way. I slowly (5 minute increments ) pushed him to 3 hour feedings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Congrats you guys! I'm glad everything went well and he is such a cutie! Hope to meet him soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulation!! He is very cute! And I think your cupcakes are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how cute! what a cute family. Congratulations

    ReplyDelete