Saturday, June 12, 2010

HUGE POST!!!!

Ok so we will start way back when I got a wild craving for cheesecake from scratch! I made this Oh so yummy cheesecake with chocolate chips in it! As you can tell Karalee loved it! Unfortunately her tummy is small, and Ryan doesn't care much for chocolate so I ended up eating all of it except for one slice which Ryan ate! I probably can't do that again for another year or so! HaHaI made this cake for my final class, and I dedicated it to my dad for winning his election!

I had dressed Karalee up really cute one day and decided to take a photo shoot. Let me tell ya, this girl is hard to get good pictures of, she is way too animated, she definately does not like the camera, and the girl across the street is way more interesting than I am.


This cake I made for Melissa's Birthday! It took a few more days than I had hoped because of some extreme issues, but it turned out ok!

This cake I made for Ryan's mom for her birthday! My cake fell apart so I had to improvise it didn't turn out how I imagined but I think it ended fine!



These cupcakes I made for our young womens fundraiser for girls camp! The fundraiser went well and everyone had a blast!

Today we went fishing for free fishing day! I have never been before so it was pretty fun for me! I have a few pics of me being a spas, but I think by the time we were done I had gotten the hang of it! Ryan caught a beautiful fish, and Karalee just liked the mud and rocks. I am actually about to eat the fish in a few minutes for dinner, I'll let you know if it is good or not!







10 comments:

  1. Did I read that right?! You've never been fishing? LOL... :) Your cakes are amazing! And congrats to your dad for winning the election! I wish I would have thought to get an absentee ballot! I would have voted for him! :) Karalee is SO cute, and the pictures you took of her are adorable, even if she wasn't paying attention to you. lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it is possible to get a bad picture of Karalee. She is so stinkin' cute! And like always, your cakes are amazing, Mares.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AH! I love your cakes!! I sooo wanna learn how to do that! And Karalee, she is beautiful! What a fun mom you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mares, thanks so much for doing the cake for my Birthday! It was so appreciated and meant a lot. You do such an amazing job. Great pictures of Karalee, she is such a doll. Love the pictures of her outside. The fish looks yummy, glad you had a good time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marilyn, I must say your cakes are amazing! Have you been taking classes or something? They look so good! And your little girl is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. okay, the cheesecake looks delightful, I have to say I have never made a cheesecake from scratch. I will also admit that I have never gone fishing, the sight of a fish flipping on a hook kind of grosses me out. Way to go! I love all of the cakes, and the pics of Karalee. . by the way, was the fish good?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The fish was great! It didn't taste like mud or anything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. U are amazing, your family is awesome, thank you for sharing your wonderful talent and your family. It sounds like you had a wonderful time fishing and it's fun and good to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OHHH, I want to go fishing! Your cakes look great! I have file on my computer called "cakes for Mares." pictures of cool cakes to email to you. We can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am SOOO impressed with all the beautiful cakes!!! I sure miss you Mar! We are going to be coming back down to Idaho within the next few weeks. I hope to see you soon after we get back down there. I miss my walking buddy!!! And could I PLEASE get a piece of that cheesecake???

    ReplyDelete