Well in the last two weeks Karalee has broken a 104 degree fever, she has broken through 4 molars, and last but not least she has broken her elbow! I tell ya what mama is just a little bit tired! I am pretty sure the doctors at the clinic are sick of me by now, especially after the whole broken arm thing. So she totally jumped off the bed and lit on all fours, which therefore broke her lovely elbow. I could tell right away because she was favoring it. We went in and got some x-rays which was so awesome because I got to hold her while I was wearing an x-ray vest, plus I had to try to hold an x-ray blanket on her while holding her arm in place for the x-ray, as she screams wildly flinging her good arm at anything that tried to touch her! Her break was not bad, no surgery or growth problems Yay! They couldn't put a cast on her though until the specialist could look at it. So they wrapped her arm and put it in a sling which didn't really work and sent her home until the next day. So we finally got in to see the specialist and he got her cast on, but.........then her fingers were swelling up sooo bad that I took her in again the next day to make sure she still had circulation in them. They looked at them and told me to come back in two hours and they would cut through the cast to open it up a little but they wouldn't have to recast it. So two hours later we went in and they told me to wait for a few more days to make sure the swelling had time to go down. Luckily her fingers are back to a practically normal size now! Pretty traumatic, but of course it hasn't slowed her down any!
12 years ago
Oh no! "/ That is so sad... Poor little thing! I've had to hold a little one down for xrays before, it is NO fun... I hope she feels better.
ReplyDeletePoor girl :( Glad that her break wasn't any worse and that you all made it through the x-rays ok. Hope she's all better soon.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe how grown up Karalee looks! I miss that little mischief-maker! That sucks that she broke her arm...knock on wood, we haven't had any broken bones yet, thank heavens!! You ready to have another baby yet?
ReplyDeleteohh, so sad! I'm sorry you've had a bad couple of weeks.
ReplyDelete