Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A few new things

Ok so I really want to start decorating cakes, and I don't mean just for fun, I want to learn and possibly make a little money. Well this was officially my first cake trying out fondant. I am pretty proud because it is my first but don't look too close because then you will really see my terrible mistakes. My biggest problem was using a box cake mix cause I didn't want to make the cake from scratch. Therefore the cake literally fell apart and I glued it back together with buttercream icing. I just covered up that with the fondant. Then the fondant kept sticking to the counter and totally ripped so I turned the cake so that you can't see the backside, it is totally patched and looks terrible. I will definitely never use marshmallow fondant ever again, it is way to sticky. Hopefully I can get into a class and learn a few techniques to help me!





These next pictures are just some fun ones. This first picture is another one of Karalee's new found obsessions. Sticking her tongue out. It is not just having her tongue out, it is sticking it out as far as she can get it out and making it pointed. Then of course she drools because I swear that kid is a faucet, how does she not dehydrate?



Karalee is really starting to do a lot on her own. Her new favorite thing to suck on in everybody elses toes. If you are not watching her close she will roll over to your feet while your sitting on the couch and try to eat your toes. Totally disgusting, I know! This picture was funny, one night at dinner she kept trying to grab the glass, so Ryan helped her have a drink, and guess what, now I can't even take a drink out of a glass in front of her or she gets mad and yells at me.

These next ones are of Karalee sucking on a peach. I can't really do this sort of thing anymore because she is starting to take chunks out now. The other day I let her taste a fruit snack and she totally bit a chunk out and swallowed it. What a little gummer. In these pictures, I think she just mainly liked the sugar that Ryan put on the peaches. The video is way funny but our computer doesn't let us upload video.




2 comments:

  1. Your cake looks awesome for a first attempt. Keep practicing, and you'll be a pro in no time. :) Karalee is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute. I love the pictures, and can't wait to see you guys this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, Karalee is so cute, I would like to know how you made the fondont, I would love to learn how to make cakes too. Hey let me talk to my friend Mindy Bishoff and see if she would help us together, I will call you sometime

    ReplyDelete